Sunday, January 18, 2009

Marathon


Look at the guy with bare legs!



It was a perfect day for the marathon! There has been a definite cooling trend since January started, but yesterday it hovered around the freezing point, and there was no wind for once.




The surface for running actually was perfect because it had enough crunch to soften the blow of 26.2 miles, yet it wasn't too slushy. I felt great the whole time!





This is the marathon to run because there are no hills! I found out that there is a destination marathon that people come to Antarctica to run which costs over $7000 to do. This one was free :)





There were also skiers who raced.





This was towards the beginning of the race. Antarctica is a great place for mediocre runners like me - you can actually win races! I came in first place overall for women and won a gift certificate to a spa in Christchurch! I am seriously sore today though.








Scott is manifested yet again to come back from AGAP tonight, but I'll believe it when I see him. Every flight out of there has been cancelled for the past four days.








No comments: