Monday, December 1, 2008

Air drop on AGAP

Cool! The Air National Guard sent out these images via email of their air drops for AGAP! Imagine watching the whole thing from the ground. Can't wait to hear what Scott has to say about seeing the back of the C-17 open up and drop these big loads.
I think there was fuel in some of those boxes!

View from inside the plane.


I finally spoke to Scott on our Thanksgiving (Sat. here) and it was so great to talk to him! He sounds very tired because he has to get up at all hours to do the weather for the planes, plus the dry air and altitude made his voice sound raspy. He's doing fine though! He said it was so surreal flying to the camp because there was just flat white for hundreds of miles, then two colored dots on the snow. He couldn't believe that was the camp. I sure do miss him!



2 comments:

Liz / Tangible Ingredients said...

those pictures are so cool! i bet scott got some even better ones. xoxo!

Justin said...

Wow! I thought Carolyn and I were having an adventure, you guys have definitely outdone our little traveling RN job. Antara put up the link to your blog in her newsletter and I've spent most of the day reading all about your journey. Keep the wonderful pictures and interesting stories coming. Justin