There was a big party right before Thanksgiving that was a take-off on Burning Man. People dressed up and there were performances, face painting stations, glow sticks, massage stations, etc. I made a showing for a 1/2 hour, but since I wasn't in the mood to be drinking like everyone else, I couldn't quite get that into it. People party hard on the weekends here!
I helped my friend Janna with her radio program. Wow, she has great taste in Jazz. There are hundreds of old records in that tiny little station.
Janna showed me what all those buttons do, and she made it look effortless. By the way, Janna and I, plus three other women from Shuttles are going to put on a Cabaret performance next weekend in a women's talent show. Good lord, the things I get myself into. Pictures next week...oh and did I mention that I have a little solo dance inspired by Madonna? What am I thinking?!
Here is the scarf I made last month when things were slower at work. Not sure I'll ever wear it though. Now I'm working on a flashy purple scarf with lots of different shades, done on the diagonal.
Many people who work here year after year never get out of town and go hiking. I took JoJo, a fellow shuttle driver, up Ob Hill this week, and we had a great time. She was sore for the whole week though :)
1 comment:
wow, freezing man looks like so much fun! great picture of your friend with the record... i want to hear some jazz! that looks like such a cozy little place to dj; i want to do it!
Post a Comment