There is a shared computer drive for the whole station and sometimes you can browse through and find a familiar face. Here Scott is in the back of a delta. I was in the front, training someone how to drive it. They look glum back there, but someone came up to me in the dorm bathroom a few days later and told me the ride back with Scott with the best part of the trip. She learned so much. I also learn from him every day :)
 |
| Sometimes on my nights off, I hike all the solo travel routes at once. I have yet to see another soul hiking at 2 a.m. I entertain myself by personifying everything I see. The little dive shack looks a little "uh-oh-ish." I am trying to imitate its expression below. |
 |
| Do you see the picasso like face in the snow - crooked mouth and all? |
 |
| Cookie Monster? |
 |
| I've posted this guy before. His teeth blew away in the last storm, so I replaced them. |
 |
| Another muppet? I hear him saying, "HEY, who goes there?" |
 |
| Messing around with my own shadows, then later on with photoshop. |
 |
| Looong legs. |
 |
| The crazy, off-kilter world of midrats night shift. |
 |
| Scott and I leave notes for each other, since we only see each other a few minutes every day. These pictures are tame compared to some others I drew, but I always taped another piece of paper over them in case we had visitors. |
 |
| Another shot of the group we took out to the Pegasus plane. Scott is the one holding his arms up. Funny, I tell new people Antarctica has a way of chopping down the high poppies, meaning bad things happen to those who get overly cocky. Happens to me every time. But Scott somehow always manages to have a nice balance of humility and confidence :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment