Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving on the ice

The perfect way to start turkey day - a very fast 5k race!

Races are so fun before and after...NOT during!

Stretching out. Wow, I really missed family this year. My whole clan got together in Charlotte, NC - more than 25 people. My bro was giving everyone rides in his Cessna airplane. I heard he even let the neices and nephews fly the plane! So jealous. Mom was also on my mind. She had knee-replacement surgery this morning. Watch out world! I'm betting Mom will be tearing up the trail herself in no time.

Scott has been enjoying the in-town festivities this year, not roughing it like previous seasons.

It was a fairly warm day for the race.


I may be smiling, but this was at the top of a very long hill and I hate hills! I loose ground going up, but I let off the brakes going down and catch up. 

Shuttles had a good showing!

My age category is the easiest to win prizes in down here - hooray, I won another massage in Christchurch!

I only caught a glimpse of my lovely girl at Thanksgiving. She was too busy with her jano family ;)

Some of her people

Kevin is one of E's best buddies down here. Look how we match!

The claw!

Have I said already how much I love having Scotty in town?!

I hate to complain, but with the very large population this year, the food has been, well, industrial tasting. Not today though...YUM!

A skua landed on my van at the airfield. We are not allowed to alter animal behavior down here, so I wasn't able to drive for a bit.

He was pretty proud of himself.

Shuttle Bill watched all this transpire and took these pics. Funny how entertaining a seagull can be down here.

No comments: