Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween!


I got you babe!
 Darn, I can't change the order of how I loaded the pics so this is going to seem awfully narcissistic. Sorry - there are more interesting pics further down :)

I did some major thrift store shopping for our costumes last summer.


Dork. The shirt looks cool under the black lights though.

I sewed the bellbottoms for both of us, starting with really ugly pants. Funny how there was a plethora of red polyester pants in the thrift stores in Hamilton.


Unbelievable. Elizabeth made her Lady Gaga outfit from a tyvex paint/hazard suit.


Yowsa! Look at her now! She did an amazing dance with her fellow janos and won a trip to Cape Royds - a place I'll probably never get to go!

Here is another costume made from found items here in McMurdo. Necessity is the mother of invention!

Again, just items from Skua (cast off things collected in a shack - a freebie barn of sorts)

This guy's tape eventually slipped off a key area in back.

Inhibitions go by the wayside sometimes. The woman in the middle is ordinarily a very serious person directing things on the airfield.

French scientists joining in the fun (read the guy's hat in front)

One of E's co-workers

Ildy - the Hungarian hairdresser

The Jano's performance - you can't see E in this pic but she is on the other end. It was awesome!

The Janos are the funnest group on station

Thing 1 and thing 2 - more friends of Eliz


Jim, Kris, and Jami!

Larry Fabulous!

preparty make-up

Scott found a kindred spirit

Scott hates being in front of the camera, that is, unless you put a costume on him :)

Sonny!

Cheesy or what?


As promised, here are the penguin pics. A small group of us instinctually dropped to our knees and stayed quiet. We are not allowed to be close enough to affect wildlife behavior, but we are allowed to stay still and let the animals approach us. That is what they did. There were so close I could hear the scritching of their claws on the ice.

No fear whatsoever. They were actually quite curious.

walking around my van...

After they had checked us out, they waddled off like little old gentlemen

Our yearly shuttle photo op

Ha! I found platform boots at the thrift stores too :)

No comments: