
My view of the inside of the C-17 that took my group (3rd Ice Flight) from Christchurch, New Zealand to McMurdo Station.

Crossing onto the continent and over the TransAntarctic Mountains. This shot was taken from one of only four portholes in the cargo bay of the C-17.
The following videos are:
1. What the world looks like from the end of Hut Point. The view is across McMurdo Sound toward the Royal Society Range (the white stuff in the foreground is sea ice that usually breaks up and gives way to open water late in the summer), Black Island and Mt. Discovery, up toward Observation Hill (Ob Hill), and on to McMurdo Station.
2. This is the drive from Pegasus Field to McMurdo Station. It may look like we're flying down the road, but in reality we're only going about 25mph. You can tell a lot about how windy it was from the snow being kicked up but the transports (in this case 2 Deltas, 2 Airporters, and 2 passenger vans).
3. The view of the C-17 with cargo being offloaded. These planes are huge!
4. Me disembarking the C-17 and being greeted by Jen. I was so happy to see her! I'm very lucky because she also met me when I landed last year. Such a lovely sight for sore eyes!
2 comments:
Scott, cool pictures, and I love the video of you finding Mom! So happy! Love you!
Hey Jen, Awesome videos. Its really interesting seeing the panoramic view.
Post a Comment