Saturday, October 17, 2009

Location Location Location


Posted by Scott...

A brief video update for y'all--we figured you might like to see what it looks like down here since photos don't quite capture the, um, essence of this place.

The first video is of our hike around Observation Hill. The conditions weren't exactly perfect for venturing outside, but it certainly was exciting and, hey, we had the whole trail to ourselves! Funny, I wonder why...?

The second video is a 360-degree view from the top of Ob Hill with narration and slick camera work courtesy of your favorite Antarctic on-the-scene reporter, Jen Scotia. Hope you like 'em!

4 comments:

Liz / Tangible Ingredients said...

Haha okay, the first video makes me nervous... is that safe?? The second video was fascinating... I want to go so badly!! Are you going to run the marathon again? Love you so much!!

sbattaio said...

I'm rooting for her to run it. I think she'd smoke 'em again this year! The wind is kind of fun, really. It's the wind-chill that makes it hard to deal with. Good day for walking with both feet planted firmly on the ground. Bad day for flying a kite!

Liz / Tangible Ingredients said...

Scott, I love that first picture of Mom... very natl geographic. I was tired when I first looked at this so I missed the fact that you posted it... Love you!

NC Grahams said...

Looks like lots of fun- I love the wind and would be tempted to lean back and see if it could support me. Great videos, more because we can hear your voice than anything. Just don't dress as a ghost for Halloween- no one would be able to see you.
-Alex