Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Scott has left McMurdo :(

Yeah, I'm a little blue that Scotty left. I said good-bye to him this morning, then proceeded to run 7 miles to the airstrip in time to see his place take off, then I ran home again. I'm sort of trying to train for the marathon down here, but I'm don't know if I'll be on the night shift when it happens in January. It was good therapy today anyway to run.

I already heard from Scott at the South Pole. He reports that it is VERY cold and that the internet is very slow. He is staying at a camp outside the station, and they are truly roughing it. I'll have a taste of that tomorrow, as I've been chosen to go to Happy Camper School (2 days of camping way out on the sea ice). I'm trying to get excited, but a coworker came back 2 days ago with severe sunburn and mild hypothermia. Zoiks!

1 comment:

Liz / Tangible Ingredients said...

Hmm, I think you're happy camping right now :) I'm sending you warm thoughts, hugs, and love! And soon enough Scott will be back and then we'll all be back together. Love you!