What a long journey! Missoula, Denver (2 days of orientation), LA, Auckland, Christchurch. On the flight to LA, there was a movie star sitting in front - the star of Disney's Air Bud - a rather large golden retriever. He sat up in the seat the whole time, holding a ball in his mouth. Cute.
I got terribly ill on the flight to
New Zealand. After eating mahi mahi and lima beans for dinner on the flight, I immediately got nauseous, and broke into a cold sweat. (An allergic reaction I think.) The thought of getting sick on a packed plane was intolerable. I felt like I was going to pass out so I couldn't get up to go to the bathroom. After fighting it for an hour I finally vomited violently into the plastic bag they give out with snacks and water for the night (the barf bags were just flimsy paper jobbies). Of course when you vomit hard enough, sometimes you wet your pants, so that just added to my supreme mortification. I didn't think to bring a change of clothes on the plane despite last year's other embarrassment. Between the sweat, urine, and vomit, I must have smelled pretty ripe. This going-to-the-ice thing keeps me very, very humble. There was also a crying baby in the seat in front of me, so all in all, it was a dreadful flight.
Ah, but getting to New Zealand felt like coming home. It is 55 degrees and sunny. You can hardly tell there was an earthquake here only a few weeks ago, the same intensity as the one in Haiti. There's no rubble and only few signs of damage.
 |
| Despite my tummy troubles, my appetite is as strong as ever. Check out the dessert I had last night. | |
 |
| And the Kiwi breakfast I had this morning at the Windsor where I am staying. |
 |
| Imagine how yummy this will look to Elizabeth who hasn't had anything fresh for a month, not to mention any chocolate or cheese. I'm so excited to see her! |
 |
| This is a picture of pictures posted at the grocery store showing what happened during the earthquake. |
 |
| Scott is such a sweety - he sent me a pic of all my tomatoes I left behind. Thankfully they are going to a good home - Wendy, our neighbor. |
3 comments:
hooooly crap mama, i just stared at that pile of amazingness for 10 minutes and then showed everyone around me in the computer kiosk. so much jealousy ensued. thank you, thank you, thank you! i can't WAIT to see you!!!
Missing you! All these colorful photographs are a delight. LOVE your Montana tomatoes....go Scotty!
Hug the E. for me. xxxxx
OMG!!! I forgot how good the NZ breakfast is!!!! Enjoy!
Post a Comment