| We only had a very short time in Christchurch. No delays this time, but the flight after us has been delayed a few days. Jealous! |
| We were in an Australian airbus this time - windows! Good-bye lovely New Zealand. See you in 5 months. |
| I don't know how, but somehow I managed to get a first class seat again. Roughing it! |
| The crew was super friendly :) |
| Headed to the bottom of the earth |
| Brrrr! (View from window) |
| We touched down pretty hard - I think there was a little hole in the ice. It was a gorgeous day here, but it has been frigid and bleak ever since. |
| Watching the sunset on the first night I arrived. Soon the sun will not set at all. |
| Sunset |
| Looking toward the ice runway |
| It was SO wonderful to see Elizabeth! She is having a great time down here. I have to make an appointment to get any time with her ;) |
| Click to enlarge and find McMurdo. Erebus is a gigantic volcano 45 miles from station, to give you an idea of scale. The ice isn't very far out from station this year. |
No comments:
Post a Comment