Looking out towards Bondi Beach from the deck of our apartment
Sydney from the airport (click and scroll!). We flew all night to Hawaii, then drove over the mountains to Kailua to our house rental near the beach. We were so excited to get back to the states, that is until we pulled up to the beachhouse, only to be thwarted from getting into the driveway by some major repaving going on. I got out to ask the policeman for some help figuring out our predicament and he totally went off on me, telling me to get the $#*&! off his street. Nice. Why can't Americans be as friendly as Kiwis and Australians?
Endless varieties of fish, many of them the very same kind we were admiring in the ocean a few days before.
The Australian flag
Old and new side by side in Sydney
Stopping for a $20 beer in the city - it's not cheap here.
That ill-reputed cruise ship we spoke of earlier
Some of Scott's unique perspective shots
Looking into Emily's old apartment which is being renovated
Lovely Emily. We met 7 years ago in Spain, back when she was a backpacker. Now she is a high-powered business woman in Sydney. It is so fun to catch up with her every couple of years!Observation hill
Kangaroo Pizza - yum! Kangaroo is being touted as a healthy and environmental meat choice. Apparently it is very low fat and there are too many kangaroos. It tasted like sirloin beef.
Digital origami tigers near the wharf
It was so fun to be able to walk down to Bondi Beach, then follow a path past Glamarama Beach (topless!), and a few other little coves until we reached Clovelly Beach, which was perfect for snorkeling.
Better clarity here than on the Great Barrier Reef! I especially loved following a 2.5 feet long brilliant blue fish around. Cool!
The water was significantly colder here - not exactly bath water.
So now we are in Hawaii, and our cell phones work! I just have to remember how to use the darn thing ;)
It is nice to be able to chill out at the beaches here. The weather is perfectly warm, with a chilly wind, and the water is fairly temperate. Hopefully we can snorkel here as well. Back to Montana on Tuesday - yippee!!!
















1 comment:
Did you get to see any kangaroos? When I was in Melbourne many years ago I got to go out to this golf course that was covered in them! They were everywhere! I guess they didn't need to mow much, they kept the grass pretty short. But I wonder how you can golf with all those... obstructions. Someone said the kangaroos didn't mind, or they moved or something. But then we saw a guy putting, he whacked this ball, it flew out and hit a kangaroo - the kangaroo growled at him! Seemed like some potentially dangerous golf. =)
I have enjoyed reading your adventures this year so much! I was sad when you left NZ and Australia; I enjoyed my time there so much and it brought back many happy memories. So, I'm sure you're glad to be returning home - but I'm kind of sad! Can't wait till you travel again. =)
Post a Comment