Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ice Town is moved


What it looks like inside the old Deltas we drive

The days when the roads look like this are over. The roads are now like the fake mashed potatoes they serve in the galley - mushy and they bog you down ;)

The view behind me as I drive the delta. The passengers in back are given a radio to communicate with the driver. It can be a miserable ride back there. Now that the roads have gotten bad, we will drive the Deltas and Ivan almost exclusively when we go out of town.


View out the driver's window

Driving your garden variety 10-passenger van

Looking out on the edge of the ice runway town which was dismantled and dragged out about 10 miles further out on the ice in just one day. All the buildings are on skids or built-in skis. It was kind of surreal watching the town being dragged away piecemeal and then wake up the next day and see nothing left on the ice where it used to be.

Shoot, I wrote a lot more in a Word doc but I can't get blogger to do cut and paste. Argh. Stay tuned...





1 comment:

Liz / Tangible Ingredients said...

Haha I like seeing pictures of you on the job... what a badass mama I have!
Love you so much!