Elizabeth sent me a wonderful Christmas package which included the fancy lavendar scarf I'm wearing. When I opened her package, someone in the office said, "Man, I wish I had a daughter! You are so lucky!" Indeed I am.
This has nothing to do with the picture, but Elizabeth posted a video of Ben singing and playing the piano on her blog, and I watched it while I was in the office and I teared up a bit. Ben, you sounded awesome, and chicks were digging it! :)
My goodness, this was the best meal ever! Big lobster tails, prime rib, exotic New Zealand vegetables, egg nog, baba ganoush, etc. Mmm mm.
I think I was working a bit of lettuce out of my teeth here.
Shuttle Bill is a riot. He seems grouchy sometimes, but he secretly goes around doing incredibly kind things for people. An example, he somehow managed to get me a new name tag for my Big Red coat from the CDC in New Zealand with my proper name (Scotia) on it, instead of my old name (which is on my passport and has to be used for official business here until I get my passport changed).
These are some sort of yams that tasted like a cross between carrots, yams, and water chestnuts. They also remind me of the cute root vegetable that lived under the bed in the Labyrinth movie.
The desserts were so elegant and delectable.
Mom, if you want to still be proud of me, don't read any further :) We get a lot of fresh asparagus down here. These had special tiny red peppercorns sprinkled over them. OK, so I want to know the reason why asparagus makes one's urine smell so incredibly bad. Does anyone know? I bet Scott does - I'll have to ask him. And since I am on an earthy topic, let me tell you about what some of my fellow shuttle drivers did this past week. (Mind you, these are adults over the age of thirty.) OJ and Meg decided to do glitter shots, meaning swallowing down dry glitter with alcohol chasers. The wanted to see the outcome and were as proud as 5-year-olds at their colorful creations, even taking pictures. Meg swallowed blue glitter and was suprised that silver bullets, so to speak, showed up. OJ had gleaming green squiggles. I didn't witness any of this, but at breakfast, they told me all about it and offered to share the pictures. Mom, if you read this far, you will be proud to know I resisted the urge to view the pics. Even though my squemishness pales in comparison to Mom's, I'm not sure my eggs and bacon would have stay settled in my stomach. Plus I figure I've already put in my time viewing proud creations when the kids were little :)
2 comments:
Ohh Mommy your scarf looks beautiful on you! You look so lovely in purple. I'm glad you enjoyed your package :) That dinner looks delicious and those yams totally look like the little root baby haha. LOVE YOU!
We've had a lot of discussion about asparagus and pee - especially when it's in season and we eat lots of it (um, asparagus that is). I believe I smell it and Jeremy doesn't.
So here's the scoop: as your body metabolizes asparagus it produces a smelly chemical which the kidneys dump into the bladder. Then... you smell it.
Now, not everyone can smell asparagus pee. That doesn't mean they don't produce it - everyone does. It's just that not everyone can smell it. One place says that only about 25% of people can smell asparagus pee.
So that means you and I are in the minority. =)
Now you know!
Post a Comment