
Getting off the ice was a little foggy for me - I had a horrendous cold and it rained almost non-stop. Scott, on the other hand, felt great and took lots of pictures. Click to enlarge. Yes, there were sheep everywhere.

We kayaked in some very large swells, on a quest to find dolphins. I was feverish at the time and I remember thinking that my memory of being on the water would be a lot more pleasant than the actual experience of paddling against a major headwind for three hours ;)

Many of the backpacker/hostels were super nice and clean, but here they put us in a glorified chicken coop. I was not happy.

We saw many views that were definitely LordoftheRingish, so Scott had to play the part of Gollum from time to time. He plays it well, don't you think?

These rocks at Moeraki looked like fossilized dinosaur eggs.

New Zealand is the most accessible, most pleasant, and one of the most lovely countries I've ever traveled to. People were exceedingly friendly, everything was cheap, and everywhere you looked it was gorgeous.

Next year we definitely are going to do one of the walking treks which are all over the country. You just set out for 3-7 days and walk in the country and stay at huts. Since permits are limited, there are very few people on the trails. Can't wait!

These Kia parrots were in the mountainous parts of the country. They were very tame and curious. Yep, I was looking pretty scrappy in New Zealand :)

I loved how each part of the island seemed to be a different climate.

Franz Joseph Glacier! Really cool place. We also saw Glow Worms on a night hike here.

On Avalanche Peak (that's me on the far left). Click any and all of the pics to enlarge...

Weird bridges in the mountains

On the mountain tops. More pics when Mr. Artiste is done fiddling with them ;)
2 comments:
These are so incredible! I want to see more! I think I gladly could and would live in that little chicken coop... that looks like such a fun place, I'll have to check it out when I go. Also, to Scott - as usual, your photos astound me! Let's take lots of pictures together if you come on a leg of my trip with me! And Mom, you captured Scott's Shmeegal essence brilliantly.
Fantastic photos- glad to see you got a good taste of NZ while you were there! Looking forward to seeing you both next season- unless I make it up to visit before for some reason... We'll see how much work gets in the way. :)
Post a Comment