 |
| Elizabeth and Kevin made these paintings for my birthday - so sweet! |
 |
| The first set of kittens. We had them for 9.5 weeks and my heart was completely broken when we brought them back, but they all got adopted! |
Sometimes at the end of the summer we lament that we didn't take more backpacking trips or finally get to Banff or the Tetons, but when I collected this smattering of pics of various things we did, I realized we had lots of wonderful experiences (and a few heartbreaking ones). We fostered 2 sets of kittens for the humane society and loved each one of those 13 cats (this includes the Moms).
 |
| Smudgey. |
 |
| Bunny, the runt of litter #1 who eventually became Cornelia or Corn, the beloved child of Elizabeth and Kevin. |
 |
| One of my favorite things about this summer was playing my flute again. |
 |
| We didn't hike as much as usual, but when we did, it was glorious. |
 |
| We took some spins on the bikes. |
 |
| There aren't many occasions to dress up here in MT, but playing in the orchestra gave me a good excuse to fiddle with my hair. |
 |
| The pieces we played were extremely challenging for me, but it is an incomparable feeling to be in the middle of the music as it is being created. So fun! |
 |
| A super fun trip to Alaska with Ben to see Mark and Kristen. He has the bug for travel now! |
 |
| We always get one day of skiing in when we get home. |
 |
| A trip with Ben to Garnet Ghost Town |
 |
| I love having the kids close by! |
 |
| My plot at the community garden, 6 miles away. |
 |
| We ate fresh things from May through September. I hardly had to grocery shop. |
 |
| The soil is remarkable! |
 |
| Every time I harvested, I brought home more than I could carry in one trip. So abundant! |
 |
| Late summer bike trip with Kathy and Jess in Idaho |
 |
| Blackberries! |
 |
| Bannack Ghost Town with Elizabeth and her childhood friend, Becky |
 |
| Elizabeth and I made lots of pickles this summer. |
I'm not sure what new things I can say about life in Antarctica since this is our 5th season, but I will try :)
1 comment:
It's been such a fun summer! We're going to miss you so much!
Post a Comment