Saturday, January 14, 2012

Cargo Yard with Elizabeth

I lent out my sparkles for a shuttle party and dodgeball tournament (yes, we do actually work down here!)

Travis is one of my adopted sons down here. I've been called Shuttle Mom a couple of times :)

Elizabeth and I finally had a little time together today. We meandered through the endless cargo yards above town.

Yep, it's a lot like an old mining town here, but with a sense of humor.

Propane soldiers

I wish I had the picture of E from when she was 5, standing next to a sunflower. This is outside the greenhouse. Someone played a prank on the FNGies and posted a sign for a farmer's market up here. The greenhouse will be operational this winter after we leave.

Ordinary things with any sort of color catch the eye down here.

Not sure what this is I'm sitting on

E and K have bought their tickets on to Nepal and India. I'm hoping they will have some time later on in Montana for backpacking and other adventures!

E and K's blog is SO well done. Check it out: weirdbirds.wordpress.com

I wanted to do a tap dance across this stage. We'll be playing a softball tournament today in the area behind this stuff.

How did this marvelous girl become such an amazing young woman?

Like giant tinker toys and erector sets

Pattern on old paint on the side of a milvan

Add caption



More old stuff that had to be here from way back when my Dad was here in 1965

Doesn't the green, blue, red, and yellow catch your eye?

Beautiful Elizabeth Rebecca

This little jobby has been a big hit down here, but I don't think it is durable enough to be practical for the long term

Goofy 10k pic

Kat made a voluptuous scarf which we all had to try out

Worst picture for last - can I get any goofier?

No comments: