Monday, December 19, 2011

Balloon Launch and Christmas

Scott has been working lots of overtime with the LDB NASA balloon launches. It's starting to catch up with him though - he came home early today with a scratchy throat :(

These balloons are gigantic! Scott will have to do a posting soon to explain the science part.
I have just transitioned back to days. It's been an extremely bleary last 4 days. Note to self - sleeping pills are not the answer. Ugh. Today I finally feel good again. The days take a bit to get used to. Someone is always watching what you are doing, the radios are always chattering, I have to behave myself and not laugh about inappropriate things quite as much, and mealtimes are overwhelming. But the sun is high in the sky, it is warm outside, and I see old friends I haven't seen in quite a while. All good.
Christmas dinner with the shuttles family - Scott and I are way down at the other end.
This is pretty funny because the new vehicle hasn't been very practical after all.


A gingerbread delta running over a penguin

You get attached to Ivan over the years. He is an earnest and friendly vehicle.

Christmas party at the vehicle maintenance facility with some of the shuttle crew



No comments: