Scott pointing to LDB, the field camp he is managing, about 8 miles out of town. It takes about 20 minutes to drive there. Hooray, it is so nice to have him come home every night!
I came upon Elizabeth and friends enjoying lunch outside on a makeshift deck - the laundry dock.More and more people joined them. It is getting warmer! Also the station is getting very crowded. We still are not assured we won't get a third roommate in our tiny room, but I'm not going to worry about that right now. Too busy!
I've spent the last several weeks helping to train newbies. Everyone seems to make some kind of mistake their first week (I ran over a ladder a couple of years ago). Matt was asked to park the truck at "the pole" but he tried to drive across a 10-foot ditch to get to it instead of parking on the other side. Someone else unknowingly told our boss's boss's boss to get in the back of the van when he got off the C-17. Big no-no. The learning curve is unbelievably steep in shuttles. My voice is tired from telling people things all day long, and I'm not even a supervisor. We go to regular shifts in less than a week though, so I'll have more of a routine and the month of training will finally be done.
Took a hike with Elizabeth last Sunday. The wind was howling and it was a battle to stay upright. "This is supposed to be fun?" she asked.
My favorite trail - Ob Hill Loop
Wow, the macro setting really picks up on fine lines.
Isn't it interesting how many different shades of brown eyes there are?
Sweet Elizabeth trudging down the trail in extremely cold and windy conditions.
Not the best picture - my cheeks, nose and forehead were frozen.
No comments:
Post a Comment